Business Continuity Plans (BCP) testing and exercising are essential Business Continuity Management Program (BCM) activities, which enhance your Operational Readiness.
Once the plans are developed and implemented, they will have to be tested and exercised to remove any potential gaps between plans and your organization’s business continuity requirements.
Business Continuity Exercises, such as Tabletop exercises or Functional testing, will identify gaps in your Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery plans and ensure their readiness for crises.
Some of the benefits of the BCP testing and exercising in your organization:
- Capacity to effectively respond to man-made, weather-related, technology-related and other risks and threats
- Assurance that your most valued assets, your people, will know how to react and what to do when disaster strike
- Senior leadership confidence that your mission-critical business functions and services will be operational within the required timeframe
Some of the exercise scenarios to consider:
- People-related (staff loss, terrorism, pandemic-related, etc.)
- Cyber-related Incidents/Privacy breach (e.g. DDoS, ransomware/extortion, etc.)
- Facility/natural events related incidents (e.g. sinkhole, tornado, power outage, etc.)
- IT Infrastructure related incidents (e.g. datacenter failures, IT components failures, Application Outages, etc)
- And other scenario types
Why should you outsource your organization’s BCM Testing and Exercising Activities?
- It will provide an objective, critical third-party view of your BCM Program maturity level
- It will ensure that your BCM Program meet’s operational resiliency requirements
- It will reinforce management buy-in into all BCM Program activities
We also offer Business Continuity Management Training Courses including the Disaster Recovery Insitute (DRI) BCP EXR Workshop.